


Saying goodbye is one of the hardest parts of being a foster parent. Yesterday Richard moved to an adoptive home. It was a good move for him, as now he has a permanent home, but very hard for us. Though Richard was a tough baby, he still grew on us and we loved him. It was very hard to see him go. The hard part also is that they rarely give you much notice. They called on Wednesday, said they had an adoptive family for him, and he moved on Thursday. Talk about no time to process! Anyways, that's all part of being a foster parent. The top pictures are of the day we got Richard, and the day before he left. I can't believe how much him and Olivia have grown! For those of you who don't know or may have forgotten, we got Richard on Valentine's Day, at about 2 1/2 months old. So we had him almost 8 months. Here is a cute movie of him laughing, when he was about 4 months old.
He had gotten so cute over the past few months, his personality really started to come out. He loved to play with Olivia, and followed her everywhere! He got very excited over the smallest things, and loved to be on the move. He loves to climb and chew on everything. He already has 7 teeth!
The picture below are some cute ones I have taken of him as he has grown. The first one is when he got placed with us, and the other are in order. They are each about 2 months apart as he has grown.




4 comments:
How bittersweet to lose your little guy, although I know you are so happy for him to go to a permanent home. You are awsome for sharing your home & loving him when he needed you.
Wow...I hardly even know what to say. I am sorry...and yet I am happy for him to have a permanent place to call home.
You truly are special people to be the wonderful foster parents that you are. Richard was lucky to have you for parents.
Wow, I still can't believe how you guys do it, especially when they're that young. Thankfully he'll still have a good home to go to.
I admire you two for opening your hearts and home to these sweet kids who need a place to call home till they can have parents to call their own. You guys are very inspiring! I'm sure Richard is greatful for the love you gave him!!!
Post a Comment