Thursday, September 11, 2008

"Veggie Tales....."

This past weekend we were super busy. The library had an event where you could buy a bag of books for a buck. Apparently they do this twice a year. What an awesome event it was! Dan headed to the Science Fiction section, I headed straight for the Children's section. We got some great books for a fabulous price...we paid a whole $2.00 for great reading. Most of the books I got for the kids are paperback, not board books, so it will be a little while until we can read them. But, it will be great when we can. Then we were busy in our garden, which has been AMAZING this year. The picture you will see is from one picking, and it doesn't include the squash (zucchini and crookneck). We have been getting some great eating, and had tons to share with friends. Also, Olivia wanted to get into Richards baby seat (which she used to be carried in. As you can see, she's a little long for it, but the funny thing is I was able to buckle her in all the way without adjusting the straps from Richard being in there. Richard also turned 9 months old today, so there are so cute pictures I took of him. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jaime said...

Sounds like a great week! That's really cool that your library does that. I wonder if any of ours do?
I am jealous of your garden:)
Cute pics!

Michele said...

It looks like your garden is so awesome. Since we moved in June, we got our garden in late and it totally suffered, and we're not getting hardly anything out of it. I'm jealous of your goods but great job!!!

Anonymous said...

Am really enjoying keeping up with y'all. Aunt L.

The ShuFamily said...

so jealous of your produce!! good for you guys! and i wish i would have known about the library thing! good to see you at stake conf too!! :)