Sunday, September 14, 2008

An Apostle....

This weekend we had Stake Conference. They were reorganizing our Stake Presidency, so we got to have an apostle come. It was Dallin H. Oaks! We all went to the session today, Dan went to the Priesthood Session yesterday, and I went to the adult one last night. Last night was amazing! There were 774 adults in attendance last night, which is great numbers for our stake (though I think having Dallin H. Oaks there helped a bit). It was so great to hear him speak spiritually, and to find out what a great sense of humor he has- something you don't see as much during General Conference. He is hilarious!! He has so many jokes and stories to tell, and just his personality was so great. Last night I waited around, and got to shake his hand. That was awesome experience, and not something that comes around often. Today's session was great as well, though a bit more challenging to listen obviously with the kids. It has been and amazing and emotionally lifting weekend.

1 comment:

Christina Hamilton said...

We don't go to stake conference very often with the kids, but it was definitely worth it to see Dallin H Oaks. He is hillarious, and I loved hearing him speak!