Friday, July 25, 2008

Foster Parents

My sister-in-law Jaime (the one who also took our great pictures at Olivia's sealing) did an entry in her blog about foster parents. It was really cool, and it made me think about what we are doing. If you want to check it out, click here . She has a really cool blog which I enjoy. Back to my train of thought... The hardest part of foster care is taking care of kids that aren't biologically yours, and attaching then having to detach when they leave. We are so lucky that didn't happen with Olivia!!! Being a foster parent isn't always easy. We sure have tough days, though rewarding ones as well. Today is one of those days I want to pull my hair out, both Richard and Olivia have been screaming or throwing fits most the day. Maybe tomorrow will be better.......But, it's helping the kids that's important. We have noticed a huge change in Richard for the positive since we have had him, though he still has a ways to go. Olivia has also done really well since she joined our family. Here's a couple cute picture of them to put a smile on your face....or at least on mine.

3 comments:

Nicole said...

I'm glad I found you guys. How neat! I'm SO glad you were able to adopt Olivia and make it final! You are both great parents.

Michele said...

Well, you have good and bad days with your biological kids too. You guys sure are doing a great job. Hang in there.

Christina Hamilton said...

You guys are doing a great job! We all have our bad days w/ the kids....just keep pluggin' along:-)