Sunday, September 11, 2011

9/11 Memorial

Today after church Dan, Olivia, and I went to the "Utah Healing Field" to see the 9/11 Memorial that was there, and to remember the sacrifices that were made on that day. They had a flag up for each person that died that day. Tied to each flag was a card with a name, age, and a bit about the person that had passed away. It was amazing to look at, and interesting to read about some of the people (no, I did not read every card, but definitely a bunch). There was also a fireman there giving the kids fireman hats. You could also look at and get into some army vehicles, and see the tents that those serving our country stay in.
It was great for Dan and I to be reminded about that day, and how lucky we are to live in the country we do with the freedoms we have. It was also a good experience for Olivia.

No comments: